Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Push Yourself Workout

Workout of the Day!

It's a beautiful day today - 65 and sunny!  I'm taking my workout to the track!  The only thing it requires is sneakers and your body.  If you don't have a track by you, you can do it in your backyard, a park, or even a treadmill.

I'm taking my new Nike's for a test run today, so I am very excited!


Today's workout is all about pushing yourself.  When you think you're ready to give up, just push yourself harder.  Your body will do what your mind sets out to do.  So if you tell yourself you can't, well, you're just setting yourself up for failure before you even begin!  If you set your mind into an "I can and I will" mode, you will!  Pace yourself and just KEEP PUSHING!

The first half of the workout is all about cardio, the second is my favorite - High Intensity Interval Training!

Well, here it goes!

CARDIO:
     6 mile run

INTERVALS:
   100 yard run
   1 minute of pushups

   100 yard run
   1 minute of burpees  (without the pushup)

   100 yard run
   1 minute of crunches

   100 yard run
   1 minute of burpees  (without the pushup)

   Repeat this entire interval combination 2 times and try not to stop.  If you feel tired - slow down the pace of your run, try not to stop.

COOLDOWN
   slow walk and stretch

Don't forget to stay hydrated!!!

You can obviously customize this workout to your own fitness level.  For example - start with a 1 to 2 mile run/ walk.  Cut up the intervals into shorted times and a shorted running distance - for example 50 yards and 30 seconds of pushups, and so on.  

I just finished my workout and refueled my body with some oatmeal, blueberries, and greek yogurt.  Perfect balance of carbs and protein!

Now I feel ready for a great day! Happy and positive thoughts are running through me knowing I just completed a workout I set my mind up to do.  I feel like I can do that with anything I set out to do today!


“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson





No comments:

Post a Comment