Monday, June 18, 2012

A Day From My Life

This is a day out of my normal daily routine - including exercise and nutrition.  It varies slightly from day to day - depending on what type of workout I did that day - as well as the day before.  I listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry, and while I'm eating I pay attention to when I start getting full - that is when I stop.  After I eat I feel energized and ready to move around.

7 a.m. -  Banana and coffee with 2% milk

8 a.m. - 6.5 mile run and a high intensity ab routine 

10 a.m. - Old fashioned oatmeal (made with water), 1 cup blueberries, a tablespoon of dried fruit and nuts, 1 cup of greek yogurt, and a splash of honey to top it off.

12 p.m. - 2 cups of raspberries and a handful of dried fruit and nuts

3 p.m. - Mixed greens salad with roasted chicken breast, chickpeas, onions, cucumbers, sunflower and pumpkin seeds with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.


5 p.m. - 1 apple and a small cappuccino (with 2% milk)


7 p.m. - 1 Pint of Blueberries and 1 cup of cottage cheese



You can tell by my food consumption today that I had major cravings for sweeter things - this is why I had so much fruit!!!  I normally have a vegetable and a lean protein for dinner (sometimes a glass of red wine), but I was just craving more fruit.  I paired it with a lean protein (cottage cheese) and it was a well balanced mini meal!

If I feel like I'm still a little hungry after I eat - which happens a lot, I drink a glass of water or a cup of hot tea (sweetened with a little honey).  This gives my brain enough time to realize that I am, in fact, full.  

Water consumption:

1 liter as soon as I wake up.
1 liter during my workout.
1 liter from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
1 liter from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1 liter from 7 p.m. until bedtime (and if I wake up throughout the night for water)

This seems like a lot when I write it all out - but I am used to drinking a lot of water, especially during the summer months when it's hot out.  Also, today I ran and did my workout outside, it was hot out, so I lost a lot of water from sweat - so I felt thirstier than I do when I do a gym workout.

Like I said before, my eating varies greatly on the type of workout I did that day as well as the previous day.  I find myself much hungrier throughout the day when I do a workout using TRX and weights.  When I do a long run (10 or more miles) the hunger kicks in either later on in the day or the following day.  

Learn to be in tune with your body and pay attention to what it's telling you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment