Sunday, July 15, 2012

Plan Ahead and Stay on your Fitness Track!

I am starting my new job tomorrow, I'm super excited because I am finally going into an industry I love - fitness!!!  I've been impatiently waiting to get accepted after my third interview 3 weeks ago, and I finally got an offer!


While all this excitement is running through me, I'm also becoming a little nervous with staying on track with my fitness and nutrition.  I won't have the time to carefully plan every meal my husband and I eat as well as devote several hours to running and the gym.  I'm sure that once I'm working I will learn to balance my studying, workouts, cooking, cleaning, and my social life.  


So for my first week of work, I planned and prepared my lunches and snacks that I will take with me.  Knowing I have healthy food with me will help me avoid temptation of unhealthy snacking or going out to lunch and spending extra $$$$  My job has a kitchen there, so I can refrigerate everything.  Otherwise, I would have brought a cooler with me.  


I bought a bunch of 
fruits, 
veggies, 
yogurts, 
nuts, 
dried fruit
and Lunabars.  
 I also cooked some things in bulk.  I made --brown rice with veggies, eggs, and chicken, -guacamole and corn salad, 
-grilled chicken breasts, 
-steamed broccoli, 
-boiled cut up beets, 
-and cut up some watermelon!  
I put it all in large containers - so it will be easy for me to pack smaller containers during the week.
















Prep once - and eat healthy all week!
1) Shop for healthy groceries
2) Prep meals or key ingredients and stash them all in the fridge
3) Pack your lunch the night before
4) Make your dinner with the ingredients you have in your fridge!


This was my shopping list for the week:


DAIRY
Milk
Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Low fat swiss cheese


PRODUCE
Tomatoes
Mixed Greens
Broccoli
Baby Carrots
Celery
Onions
Garlic
Avocados
Bell Peppers
Beets
Apples
Bananas
Blueberries
Raspberries
Watermelon


PACKAGED GOODS
Black Beans
Corn
Chickpeas
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Luna Bars
Whole wheat bread
Almonds
Trail mix
Quinoa
Whole wheat pasta


PROTEIN
Eggs
Tofu
Deli Turkey
Chicken Breasts
Frozen Shrimp


So here's what MY LUNCHBOX contains for tomorrow:


-Apple
-Banana
-Fage yogurt with honey
-Dried fruit and nut mix
-Lunabar
-My brown rice, veggies, eggs, and chicken in a small tupperware container
- 1 Liter water container (that I can refill at work)


My HUSBAND'S LUNCHBOX


-Banana
-Pint of blueberries
-Deli Turkey
-Whole wheat bread
-Low fat swiss cheese
-Lunabar


Speaking of my husband, I forgot to mention I also have a bunch of tupperware containers in the freezer full of his favorite pasta gravy and meatballs - my own healthy version of course.  I make this twice a month in a huge pot divide it up and freeze it for quick last minute meals!  I make this with whole wheat pasta.


Well, wish me luck at my job tomorrow! 


Have a great Sunday night :)

1 comment:

  1. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I have never seen such a great post. your wonderful post can inspire a lot and helps us. I visit your website often and share with my friends....keep sharing.. warm Greeting
    Dubrovnik apartment

    ReplyDelete